Are you a firestarter?
If you share a passion for communication, creative and community engagement, we want to hear from you. Take a look at our latest job posting.
DESIGNER - Working Remotely
Apply before: December 3rd, 2020
Saskatoon, SK | Creative Fire
Creative Fire is a 100% Indigenous-owned consulting agency that provides expert support in research, strategy, and creative execution. With deep Indigenous roots and more than two decades working alongside institutions, companies and leaders in Indigenous and non-Indigenous settings, we know that forging relationships between these two worlds poses challenges that takes unwavering commitment to solve. From corporate reporting and recruitment to community and public relations, we work with clients to address their most important business, engagement and communications needs.
And, at the heart of Creative Fire is, well, a heart. As a purpose-driven company, we believe we can contribute to a more progressive, inclusive and diverse Canada. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in our work and fostering it within our business. We encourage applications from applicants of all backgrounds and identities.
Job summary: We are seeking Designers, full-time and freelance, to join our Creative Fire team. Our ideal candidates will be self-motivated creative problem solvers who are multi-skilled and have an eye for detail. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable working independently or in a team, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and are driven to exceed expectations.
JOB TITLE: Designer (full-time and freelance)
REPORTS TO: Director, Creative Services
- Receives client briefings
- Conceives and executes high quality creative concepts
- Consults with Director, Creative Services, as well as strategists, copywriters, production, and account service personnel as necessary to achieve job and client objectives
- Maintains day-to-day client contact on job-specific tasks
- Recommends, directs and manages the quality of materials produced by internal and freelance talent (photographers, illustrators, programmers, production artists, etc.)
- Coordinates client approval of copy, design, photography, production artwork, etc
- Examines and approves finished art and conceptual material, and supervises alterations and/or corrections
- Manages third-party suppliers (printing and programming), attends press approvals and signs off on proofs
- Follows the Creative Fire brand guidelines in the production of client presentation materials – conceptual or finished art
- Continuously works to upgrade knowledge and skills through available reading, courses and seminars
- Helps to maintain the high standards of Creative Fire and Des Nedhe Group across all materials produced
- 5+ years’ experience and a degree in design or visual communications and/or equivalent education, ideally in an agency setting
- Skilled at developing and executing high quality brand strategy and design solutions
- Experience working with Indigenous companies and communities considered an asset
- Experience dealing directly with clients
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills
- Well-developed project management and organizational skills
- An ability to lead from strategic concept to tactical implementation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented with strong typographic skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Understanding of video capture and editing software
- Strong knowledge of Apple OS
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Office 365
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND ACCESSIBILITY
As a purpose-driven company, we believe we can contribute to a more progressive, inclusive and diverse Canada. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in our work and fostering it within our business. We are always looking for candidates who can expand our team culture and bring new strengths and perspectives to the work, and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. An equitable and accessible recruitment process is a key part of our approach.